Strasbourg and surroundings
Located close to the border with Germany, Strasbourg is the capital of the Alsace region in eastern France. It is well known for hosting a number of important European institutes. Besides providing an excellent exhibition location and good transport connections, Strasbourg also offers historical and cultural attractions -- Its historic city center, the Grande Île (Grand Island), was classified a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1988, the first time such an honor was placed on an entire city center.
- Museums: strasbourg.info/museums and musees.strasbourg.eu
- Wine and Gastronomy: Alsatian Wine Route and Fried Carp Trail
- Castles: Haut Koenigsbourg castle and Hohlandsbourg castle
- Strasbourg’s « must see » tourist sites:
- Web site of the tourism office of Strasbourg
- Web site for Cultural Heritage